9 July 2014

Pretty Pastels/Sleek Silhouettes

Whilst Whistles have always been on my radar, I've never really shopped there or paid the brand that much attention, for some reason thinking they were always a bit conservative, boring, even Kate Middleton-y if you know what I mean. So when I began seeing a few backstage fashion week images around on instagram, I couldn't believe how perfect the spring/summer 14 lookbook actually is! The most dreamy of pastels paired with metallic and lustrous accessories and classic shapes. I love romantic colours, but I'm always scared of looking frumpy if I wear them in a too girly kind of way with lots of pleats and long hem-lines. Whistles have done such an amazing job of making them sleek, sophisticated and effortless. I'm not even a hat person but I absolutely love the hat in the first photo and I think it might be the one I could get away with! I also love the overall way these looks have been styled: minimal but warm and very cool.