19 April 2014

Budapest and Vienna

I have just returned from a short trip to Budapest and Vienna which lasted for five days. I went with my mum and sister Simone, who were already out in Budapest when I joined them on Saturday. This was a really exciting little holiday for me, I went to Budapest a few years ago and I was looking forward to seeing it again a little older, and I've been learning about Vienna 1900 for the past year at uni. To see the Secession Building, the Ringstrasse and most of all artwork by Gustav Klimt and Egon Schiele, was something I have waited to do for quite a while. The first two days were spent in Budapest and then we headed to Vienna for the second half of the trip, and it was way, way, way too short.

Part One/Budapest

 View from Buda Hill





Coffee at Gerbeaud's






Market stalls 




Szimpla






Coffee and cake at the Alexandra Bookstore Café



Portraits of mum and Simone in our apartment in Budapest